Gluten free hosting for teens with coeliac disease

Piditkö sisällöstä? Jaa se myös ystävillesi!
<< Start < Previous
Next > End >>
  • Mampu 121 messages03/22/2012 9:26 AM

As mother of 4 teenagers of which one is a coeliac, I've seen how bad a coeliac kid feels when the friends are attending language courses, becoming foreign exchange students or signing up for international volunteering camps etc. The choices for a coeliac are limited and the exchange organizations lack hosts for kids requiring a special diet.

In order to find some contacts to gluten free families abroad, I added my family as a paid host to http://www.lingoo.eu. Our host family reference number is 22055 but the profile may not be available until next week. I chose to register as a paid host because in that way we don't need to pay for the service unless someone comes to stay with us. I suppose, not many young people are keen on coming to Finland to improve their language skills and that's why I didn't want to pay the annual fee, yet.

Please feel free to forward this info to any coeliac families or communities. My family is especially interested in contacts with English, Spanish and Swedish speaking families.

If you are interested in discussing the subject of how to find host families to coeliac teenagers, please contact me. Maybe we come up with some great ideas together

• Julia3106 1 message02/10/2014 12:54 AM

Mampu,
    My name is Victoria and I´m from Spain. I have a teenage gluten free daughter. We are really interested in an exchange with a gluten-free family.

<< Start < Previous
Next > End >>
Piditkö sisällöstä? Jaa se myös ystävillesi!

Join the discussion

The most read discussions in category

Notice that anyone can add any kind of content into service. Also all advertised products are not gluten-free. Administrator is not responsible and you take full responsibility what you eat. If you notice vandalism or contents that include gluten, please notify the admistrator.

©2024 Glu.fi
Service infoNewsTerms of serviceTell friendHelp and rulesSuomeksiFeedbackSähkönsäästö ‐ Made ❤ Helsinki ‐ 0,009s