Best GFML?

Piditkö sisällöstä? Jaa se myös ystävillesi!
<< Start < Previous
Next > End >>
  • Jezu  Admin12/02/2010 8:14 PM

I've praised British Airways and Finnair but yesterday they both failed badly, especially BA.

I flew from Miami to London Heathrow. Dinner was ok but for breakfast there was really bad failure. I got sealed box with GFML stamp on it. I opened the box and what did I find: an orange juice, a yogurt, a wheat bun and a multi-flour oat bar! Thank god I read the ingredients list! I complained to crew and they were sorry but they didn't had anything else. This was what they got from the catering company. I was shocked but luckily the yogurt was gluten-free with GF stamp on it.

On Finnair flight from London to Helsinki they didn't had special meals onboard at all because of flight attendants ongoing strike. Luckily they flew the flight so I wasn't very upset about the missing GFML.

Keliaakikko vm. -07 / Celiac since -07

• c_lee 10 messages11/28/2010 12:18 PM

Airlines in Australia hand out snack food. Gluten free people are offered drinks like anyone else but be prepared for lots of apples. If you notify the companies before hand, gluten free food (other than fruit) will be availble. Airport stores are starting to offer gluten free food. Range and quality varies greatly.

• Ad

• motusalem 85 messages11/20/2010 4:06 PM

China air last monday!!

• Jezu  Admin11/09/2010 12:27 AM

But does any other airline than Finnair offer gluten-free food on short, 1 to 2 hours flights?

• Tallulah 476 messages10/10/2010 12:03 PM

Air France and Cathay Pacific have offered the best food for me. Air France had the best gluten-free bread! British Airways is good when it's working, but unfortunately that doesn't happen too often with special diets!

• c_lee 10 messages10/10/2010 10:35 AM

I am not sure who has the best gluten free food, but I can tell you JAL (Japan Air Lines) has very fresh food, nice presentation but taste is disgusting...even non gluten free food fails the taste test.
    But that is common in Japan. They say the meals start with the eyes, then the aroma. What a shame, the eyes and the smell defy the taste buds and don't stop the hunger pains. Best tip: for JAL, take your own food. A gas mask maybe handy for those who are strong smell sensitive.
    The cabin can fill with a mixture of green tea,super strong coffee (so strong that the spoon wants to stand vertical) raw fish and soy sauce. Unfortunately, many other airlines, including QANTAS, are also caught up with horrible versions of Japanese catering when they are refueling etc.

• Jezu  Admin08/28/2010 11:18 PM

Which airline offers best gluten-free food?

I've had best experiences with British Airways.

<< Start < Previous
Next > End >>
Piditkö sisällöstä? Jaa se myös ystävillesi!

Join the discussion

The most read discussions in category

Notice that anyone can add any kind of content into service. Also all advertised products are not gluten-free. Administrator is not responsible and you take full responsibility what you eat. If you notice vandalism or contents that include gluten, please notify the admistrator.

©2024 Glu.fi
Service infoNewsTerms of serviceTell friendHelp and rulesSuomeksiFeedbackSähkönsäästö ‐ Made ❤ Helsinki ‐ 0,009s